All applying candidates must be able to organize work tasks to assure efficiency and productivity. In addition, Banquet Porter must be able to read and understand directions printed on cleaning materials. Banquet Porter must also have knowledge of:
- various cleaning materials and their effect on floors, walls, safety aspects as each relates to walking on surfaces;
- and/or the effect of remaining odors from use in public areas;
- various cleaning equipment;
- how to use and maintain the equipment;
- how to clean all parts of a building.
This is a full time position with benefits.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check with the supervisor, upon arrival, to learn if any special tasks need to be done and the deadline for completion.
- Move tables and chairs out of the ballroom as directed and place them in their proper location.
- Clean, strip, wax, and buff floors are needed.
- Clean mirrors and chandeliers.
- Assure that all lights are working and replace light bulbs as needed.
- Empty trash and garbage cans and throw out empty boxes or cartons.
- Maintain clean floors throughout the building- swept or mopped.
- Maintain clean loading dock.
- Follow floor plan to place bandstand, tables, chairs, etc.
In smaller locations, the PORTER may be required to perform the following tasks:
- Perform some food preparation and/or food service.
- Work in Dish room.
- Take apart and clean coffee and ice tea machines as specified at the end of an event.
- Insure that stoves, ovens, and floors are cleaned.