TBest Staffing is looking for responsible and enthusiastic Banquet Wait Staff to provide excellent service to our client. All candidates must be punctual, fast learners and attentive team members with strong customer service skills. Previous banquet experience is preferred.
If you meet the criteria below for one of these positions,
DONT WAIT, APPLY NOW.
Wait staff are responsible for carrying out the duties associated within the following broad basic tasks:
- Table and station set up for all functions to which assigned
- Food service
- Clearing tables
- Close out ballroom
- Close out store room
2. Wait staff are expected to:
- Greet guests and serve all customers in a pleasant and friendly manner
- Insure customer satisfaction
- Offer and serve seconds in a polite manner
- Work as a team with personnel working with you
- Follow company guidelines
The performance of the wait staff must demonstrate the standards of excellence and the company’s policy of premium quality service. All wait staff are expected to handle all equipment properly and with care.
3. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wait staff are expected to become fully knowledgeable so that they can carry out the following duties and responsibilities in the manner of premium quality service.
- Understand and follow procedures on the event preparation and set up.
- Set tables for all functions, including linens, china, flatware, condiments, sugar, flowers, livestock (butter, cream, salad dressing, etc.) according to company policy and procedures.
- Drape all side tables and head table.
- Make certain all chairs are in good order and cushions and chrome are clean.
- Know proper set-ups for special stations (e.g. ice cream bars, substations, hors d’oeuvres, pastry station, ) and be prepared to set up stations as directed.
- Check to see that all china and flatware are clean before using and that all spots are eliminated.
- Set up coffee stations, condiments, and livestock.
- Fill glasses and pitchers with ice, then water.
- Serve salads, appetizers, meals and desserts.
- Pour coffee, tea, and other beverages.
- Work behind a buffet for food service as assigned.
- Clear tables of all foods, dishes, trash, and silverware in designated order.
- Return livestock to the kitchen.
- Close out the ballroom.
- Close out the storeroom.
- Know the location of all equipment and return equipment to its proper locations.
All candidates must be able to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays, lift at least 50 pounds and spend several hours on their feet, sometimes more than eight hours at a time.