Posted 30 Apr 2022
To start work, apply now
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following and other duties as assigned:
· Ability to set up machines with needed materials. Load and unload materials, parts, or products onto or from pallets, skids, conveyors, or trucks
· Inspect and pack manufactured products in an efficient manner with regard to quality standards.
· Perform basic manufacturing processes by operating contingent line equipment such as tapers, printers, strappers, cover-ups.
· Demonstrate the ability to independently operate manufacturing equipment in an efficient, safe manner while meeting required quality standards.
· Ability to comprehend and follow work instructions including Work Orders, Specification Sheets, and Production Reporting.
· Responsible for compliance with industry food safety standards.
· Fully understands that working overtime is a condition of employment.
· Will follow Company personnel and product safety requirements including standards such as those from SQF and internal GMPs
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words in English and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to read, print, and speak simple sentences. Second language is a positive additional skill.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Authorized to work in the United States.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, and talk and hear. The employee is sometimes required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. The employee must be able to climb stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud