TBest Services is a trusted employment agency specializing in the connection talent with employers. Our mission is to bridge the gap between dedicated professionals and top-tier employers, creating empowering connections that drive success. We are currently seeking a Job Coach in Annapolis, MD for one of our valued clients, reflecting our commitment to promote opportunities that foster growth and inclusivity.
As a Job Coach you will play an essential role in training and assisting individuals in securing and maintaining employment that aligns with their abilities and experiences. You will be tasked with exploring diverse work options, developing job prospects while implementing a person-centered approach.
- Advocate for the rights of individuals served, ensuring they live free from abuse and neglect while fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively and positively with individuals supported, their families, colleagues, supervisors, and visitors.
- Facilitate and coordinate medical appointments for individuals, aligning this with job responsibilities as needed.
- Administer medication when necessary, adhering to all relevant guidelines and regulations.
- Deliver formal job coaching, including hands-on training for individuals on their specific roles and tasks. This may involve direct training or supervising while another person conducts the training.
- Contribute to job development efforts for new admissions and for individuals seeking alternative employment or volunteer opportunities.
- Be prepared to work flexible shifts on a short-term basis to accommodate the training needs of individuals in new or existing roles during evenings or weekends.
- Offer constructive feedback and guidance to individuals on effective interaction with coworkers and supervisors.
- Analyze the workplace culture to better support individuals in fitting in with their coworkers.
- Support individuals in devising their own systems for organizing tasks and remembering their job responsibilities, allowing for a gradual reduction in support as required.
- Mediate any conflicts between individuals and their coworkers or employers, while assisting individuals in developing their own conflict resolution skills.
- Schedule meetings with individuals before work, during breaks, or immediately after work to discuss any potential job-related issues and minimize on-the-job distractions.
- Assist individuals in managing their earnings, including saving and spending plans.
- Maintain comprehensive documentation including program notes, daily attendance records, incident reports, and individual’s plan. This includes recording goals, outcomes, and using any other suitable documentation options that best serve the individuals.
- Assist in completing tasks or jobs related to ongoing or contracted vocational activities, ensuring they are completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all deadlines are strictly adhered to.
- Respond to all communications, including phone calls and emails, within a 24-hour timeframe.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- AA Degree or High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the human services field.
- Between 2 to 5 years’ experience in a Residential or Personal Support Services environment.
- Two to five years of supervisory experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word).
- Familiarity and understanding of the unique needs of individuals with disabilities are desired.
- Demonstrated capabilities in supervision, budget management, and service delivery.
- Proficiency in problem-solving, project/task management, time management, dependability, good judgment, and safe work practices.
- Current completion of all required trainings.
- Flexibility in scheduling to meet employer and program needs.
- Capable of writing clear reports and completing forms or other required documents.
- Communication skills to interact with program participants, family members, medical professionals, stakeholders, and coworkers.
- Regular completion of all required trainings.
- Ability to perform and withstand physical exertion.
- Capability of lifting/moving over 50 pounds and the transferring of individuals with or without equipment.
- Valid Driver License and reliable transportation are a plus.
Please note that this job description is not exhaustive, and you may be requested to perform other reasonable duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor or other management to meet the needs of individuals served.
You will be part of an organization that values the importance of matching the right candidate with the right organization, ensuring a synergy that benefits all parties involved.