If you are looking for the chance to use your mechanical skills and knowledge in a variety of applications, joining our client in Hanover, PA is the right move! you will have the opportunity to work with various types of equipment and systems in an warehouse environment. If you are looking to start a new career today, hit apply or call in today and ask for TIFFANY.
Mechanic Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Install, assemble and test new machines and equipment; understand and comply with workplace safety regulations.
- Inspect machines regularly for signs of malfunctions, including visual inspections, listening for irregular noises and conducting scheduled testing as appropriate.
- Monitor, identify and respond promptly to signs of malfunction in machinery such as changes in performance, temperature fluctuations, sounds, smells or atypical energy usage; perform troubleshooting for production machinery.
- Schedule and perform routine preventative maintenance and service for each piece of equipment.
- Perform emergency repairs on various types of machinery, including mechanical, electric and hydraulic; identify and replace worn or damaged parts in a timely manner.
- Use a variety of power and hand tools to perform job functions.
- Maintain machinery and the adjacent workplace in a state of appropriate cleanliness; create and maintain a schedule for inspection, service and testing of machinery.
- Read and comply with work orders concerning service, modification or installation of machinery.
- Work effectively with other team members in a loud environment.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Strong mechanical and manufacturing experience
- Driver’s license
- Ability to walk, stand, and lift heavy objects for an extended amount of time
- Ability to act competently in emergencies
- Organized and detail-oriented
- 3 – 5 Years Experience
- Associate’s degree in mechanical, electrical or engineering specialties/ or qualifying certifications
- Previous Work in working in the food warehousing industry.