A warehouse packer is responsible for carrying out the logistics of receiving, processing, storing and sending inventory according to purchase orders and shipping schedules. Their duties include loading orders onto trucks and shipping containers, organizing incoming stock and putting the appropriate labels on outgoing parcels.
Some responsibilities include:
- Collecting merchandise from the distribution center and safely transporting materials to the shipping bay.
- Receiving and documenting merchandise for delivery or return.
- Keeping an inventory of all merchandise entering or exiting the warehouse.
- Identifying any missing, lost or damaged materials and immediately notify the supervisor.
- Ensuring that all the merchandise is safely and securely packed and labeled for shipping.
- Managing all merchandise with appropriate care.
- Assisting with training of newly employed workers.
- Scanning labels to ensure products are shipped to the right destination.