The warehouse worker’s duties and responsibilities should be clearly detailed in the job description. Ideally, the job description should also provide a description of the warehouse, its functions and the warehouse worker’s expected role. Some responsibilities include:
- Collecting merchandise from the distribution center and safely transporting materials to the shipping bay.
- Receiving and documenting merchandise for delivery or return.
- Keeping an inventory of all merchandise entering or exiting the warehouse.
- Identifying any missing, lost or damaged materials and immediately notify the supervisor.
- Ensuring that all the merchandise is safely and securely packed and labeled for shipping.
- Managing all merchandise with appropriate care.
- Assisting with training of newly employed workers.
- Scanning labels to ensure products are shipped to the right destination.