Posted 23 Feb 2022
To start work, apply now
SUMMARY: The Operator operates Zippo manufacturing equipment and ancillary equipment in the factory. The Operator will perform various jobs associated with manufacturing such as packing, welding, inspecting, and other various jobs as deemed necessary by management. This is a fast paced and production heavy position. The Zippo line relies on teamwork and requires someone who can and will contribute in a wide range of functions. This position is responsible for effectively producing cans. Commitment to and support of the Company Core Values are key to success in this position.
The track for progressing to the next Machine Operator level is:
1. Review after 30 days with no increase in pay
2. Next review is 60 days after first review with a specified increase in pay if meeting requirement
3. Next review is 90 days after previous review with a specified increase in pay to Level 1 if meeting requirements
4. There is no set timeline on progressing from Level 1 to Level 2 and Level 2 to Level 3. 5. Plant Manager must initiate any review to advance operator beyond Level 1
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to set up machines with needed materials. Load and unload materials, parts, or products onto or from pallets, skids or conveyors
• Inspect and pack manufactured products in an efficient manner with regards to quality standards
• Perform basic manufacturing processes by operating contingent line equipment such as printers and strappers
• Fill out QC forms timely and accurately
• Ability to comprehend and follow work instructions including work orders, specification sheets, and production reporting
• Follow Company personnel and product safety requirements including standards such as those from SQF and internal GMPs
• Follow proper handling, storage, and disposal of hazardous waste in accordance with State and Federal laws
• Other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. Successful accomplishment of duties and responsibilities require the following:
• Overtime is a condition of employment
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to speak and understand basic safety and manufacturing instruction in English.
Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words in English and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to read, print, and speak simple sentences. Second language is a positive additional skill.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers. Ability to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Authorized to work in the United States.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands and fingers; handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud
NOTE: This job description identifies the general nature and scope of work to be performed. Independent Can reserves the right to revise all or any part of this job description and to add or eliminate essential job functions at any time. Designation of any job duty as an essential function is not intended as an assurance or guarantee that a team member has any right to perform the particular job duty, except as required by Independent Can. This job description is subject to change based on the needs of the position and/or the Company.