Our client is hiring for a Machine Operator/Roll Catcher. A machine operator will start out as a roll catcher and once mastered, will begin to take on additional responsibilities.
<Level 1> Roll Catcher Duties and Responsibilities
- Lift / carry rolls every four minutes. Up to 85lbs.
- Weigh rolls using company chart for proper weight per roll size
- Run puller to eliminate scrap throughout the course of the shift
- Label rolls as required per schedule
- Prepare rolls for shipment. See Supv. for more details
- Assist Supv. to thread the lines
- Identify bad rolls based on weight, width or edges. See Supv with questions
- Label / tape boxes for production lines
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
<Level 2> Machine Operator Duties and Responsibilities
- Measure, weigh, inspect product at beginning, and throughout the shift to ensure product meets company specs.
- Must follow posted job orders fully and completely.
- Always monitor equipment. Listen for unusual noises, routinely check monitors, scanners, computers for variations in product.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Communication is key. Any issues, changes to machinery, changes to product, variations in production has to be brought to the supervisors attention immediately.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to use, read a tape measure. Basic math skills required.
- Knowledge of hand tools is a must.
- Knowledge of air power tools is a plus.
- Background in mechanical, machinery, equipment operation, or maintenance is a plus.
- Ability to pass a full physical, drug test.