Requires Supervision and direction. Must meet all requirements of a Class III Technician. Must be able to perform small repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment, the appropriate vehicle systems. Must be able to perform simple component removal, installation, disassembly, and reconditioning, following Technical Manual procedures. Must be able to properly and safely operate all vehicle functions.
Must have a valid driver’s license and able to obtain a CDL. High School Diploma or GED. Ability to work multiple shifts. Must have basic tool requirements.
- Develop skills in removal, installation, disassembly, and reconditioning of components on vehicles.
- Develop skills in basic testing of all vehicle systems.
- Perform all service tasks as assigned by the Supervisor/ Foreman/ Group Leader.
- Report any additional work required on vehicles to Supervisor to assure proper and safe operation of the vehicle.
- Participate in Maintenance Training programs required for the development of skills and
- Prepare and complete all reports, forms and work orders required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly manner.
- Maintain and care for department tools, equipment, and vehicles.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers, both external and internal, so as to present a professional image of the
- Perform all other service tasks as directed by the Service Manager or Supervisor/Foreman/Group Leader.