Tbest Services is currently seeking a dedicated Sanitation Driver for one of our clients in Rochester, NY. This position offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic environment where dedication and hard work are valued and recognized. In this critical role, you will be entrusted with the timely and safe collection of waste, ensuring that the community remains clean and environmentally friendly.
If you have a keen understanding of this role, excellent driving skills and a genuine commitment to promoting a cleaner community, TBest Services encourages you to embark on a rewarding journey as a Sanitation Driver.
- Safely operate sanitation vehicles to ensure timely collection and transport of refuse, solid waste, and recyclables to disposal areas.
- Perform daily vehicle inspections and promptly report any concerns or malfunctions.
- Perform minor maintenance and cleanliness of vehicles and equipment as needed to ensure operational readiness.
- Supervise personnel assigned to the truck, ensuring that all safety and operational protocols are followed while on duty.
- Respond promptly to customer complaints and service issues.
- Maintain accurate logs and records of collections and routes.
- Work with route team to optimize pickups and maintain schedules.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid Class “B” or “A” Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Air Brake Endorsement.
- Previous experience as 1+ years as a CDL Driver or Sanitation Services is preferred.
- Ability to read, write, understand and communicate in English.
- Basic knowledge of truck parts and automotive equipment operation and maintenance.
- Understand and follow traffic laws and regulations to ensure safe driving practices.
- Routinely handles up to 10 pounds, frequently lifts up to 50 pounds, and may perform tasks such as lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, and climbing.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions.
- Willingness to wear special personal protective equipment when required.
- Competitive hourly wage.
- Potential for overtime hours.
- Comprehensive benefits package after a probationary period.
- Ongoing training and professional development.
- A collaborative and supportive work environment.
Tbest Services is proud to be an equal opportunity company. All candidates, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, or disability, will receive equal consideration.