TBest Services is currently seeking organized, energetic Kitchen Staff to join our team in Washington DC. In this role, you will be responsible for the storing of ingredients and assisting with food preparation, ensuring that the kitchen and storage areas remain clean at all times.
Successful Kitchen Staff members should demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multitask without sacrificing accuracy in their work. We are looking for candidates who can perform well within a fast-paced environment and are open to opportunities for growth within our company.
- Cleaning all dishes, work stations, cooking equipment, and food storage areas in accordance with food safety regulations.
- Washing, chopping, shredding, and grating ingredients for subsequent use by the chef.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, as required.
- Assisting with the unloading of deliveries.
- Storing ingredients according to prescribed food safety regulations.
- Assisting with the monitoring of inventory.
- Reporting all damaged or faulty equipment to the kitchen manager.
- Packaging customers’ leftover food upon request.
- Cleaning trash cans and disposing of refuse on a regular basis.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior experience in a similar position.
- Thorough knowledge of food safety procedures.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Capacity to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to work shifts, over weekends, and on public holidays, as needed.
- Ability to work well within a team as well as independently.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as required.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
We offer a competitive salary of $18 per hour with weekly payment, flexible shifts, and ample opportunity for growth within the company. If you’re ready to take your career to the next level with a company that values your hard work, we want to hear from you.