TBest Services is seeking an experienced Electrical Project Manager for one of our clients in Rochester, NY. The selected individual will be tasked with steering several small-scale projects from the initial phase through to completion.
The Project Manager will handle the bidding process, scrutinize blueprints and specifications, evaluate proposals and project prerequisites, obtain necessary permits and utility services, and coordinate the procurement of materials. They will ensure adherence to both company guidelines and federal/state regulations, provide regular updates, and keep meticulous documentation. Key tasks encompass material ordering, compiling submissions, processing purchase orders, conducting on-site evaluations, managing change orders, addressing information requests, supporting pay applications, and finalizing documentation. Their primary objective is to ensure the successful, profitable, and punctual conclusion of designated construction projects. Moreover, they are entrusted with ensuring that all team members are adequately trained and skilled, and that project sites maintain the highest safety standards.
The list below is not exhaustive, and other tasks may be assigned. The company reserves the right to adjust or delegate responsibilities as needed. All tasks must align with company policies and procedures.
- Conduct on-site evaluations and estimate projects.
- Analyze blueprints/specifications and draft proposals.
- Collaborate with foremen and lead electricians on project strategies.
- Obtain necessary permits and utility services.
- Coordinate with schedulers to develop manpower schedules and project strategies.
- Continuously seek ways to enhance project quality, cost-efficiency, and timelines.
- Oversee vendor, equipment, and subcontractor contracts and pricing.
- Foster and maintain client and vendor relationships.
- Organize material and equipment rentals.
- Regularly visit job sites and liaise with General Contractors.
- Represent the company in project-related meetings.
- Formulate project budgets based on estimates.
- Handle submittals, change order estimations, RFIs, pay applications, and project close-out documentation.
- Ensure documentation aligns with company standards.
- Review and optimize bidding and change order processes for each project.
- Aid foremen and leads in navigating challenging field situations.
- Understand and manage all contractual obligations.
- Weekly review of project status with schedulers concerning field staff.
- Ensure efficient project plan execution by the team.
- Spot potential issues and guide the team towards solutions.
- Supervise all facets of the electrical project from inception to execution.
- Allocate resources for specific projects.
- Oversee on-site staff and subcontractors.
- Engage with project inspectors, contractors, architects, and local officials.
- Negotiate with contractors to ensure cost-effectiveness.
- Cultivate client relationships and identify growth opportunities.
- Uphold high-quality standards in line with original plans.
- Proficient in contracting, budgeting, project management, and performance management.
- Capable of managing multiple small projects (below $500K) from job walk and evaluation (Viewpoint Estimation software) to close-out.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Minimum of 5 years of electrical project management experience across commercial, industrial, and residential sectors.
- Comprehensive understanding of construction facets (technology, equipment, methods, etc.) and practices, processes, and standards and their impact on project activities.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Sage 300CRE, and other relevant software.
- Familiarity with NFPA codes.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities in a professional setting.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 15 years in construction management or related fields.
- Knowledge of construction management software.
- Proven negotiation skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive experience in the Electrical Industry.
- Proficiency in estimating programs, MS Office suite.
Employees are expected to sit, stand, use hands, and communicate regularly. Occasionally, lifting/moving up to 25 pounds may be required.
Occasional attendance at pre-bid site meetings, exposure to outdoor conditions, and noisy environments may be part of the job.
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary: Up to $130,000
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package
Project Management: Minimum 5 years
Electrical Field: Minimum 10 years